Thursday, March 29, 2012

LDS Temples

All around the world are beautiful Mormon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or LDS)temples. Each is unique and beautiful in it's own way yet they all are built for the same reason and serve for the same purposes.



(My family in 1997, during the open house of the Saint Louis Missouri Temple)
Before each temple is dedicated, an open house is held for the public and those not of our faith to come inside.

.
(The girls in my family in 2002, during the Nauvoo Illinois Temple open house).


(My family in 2010 in front of the Salt Lake City Utah Temple).



This spring my family will once again be able to go to another open house for another temple. The Kansas City Temple (pictured above) will be open to the public April 7-21. Though it is free, there are limited tickets. If you are interested you can reserve your ticket at https://templeopenhouse.lds.org/ This is truly an amazing experience and I highly encourage you to try to attend.

If you have questions or want to know more about Mormon temples, feel free to visit http://www.lds.org/church/temples

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being a positive voice, my dear... I was searching for images of Temples and got such polar results! So much icky stuff out there...

    ReplyDelete