Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Little Pink Stinker

Yesterday had to have been the most stressful day of my life! I had procrastinated writing my science fair lab report as well as putting together my board. So I got what I deserved. Here is how the day went.
I woke up around 5:30 (which means I ended up getting 5 hours of sleep thanks to this lab report) And was late to seminary (early morning Bible study) because I had to get all of my things together. When I got to school I grabbed a package of Poptarts from the vending machine and then was off to ask a few questions and work on my board. The day went on like normal (aside from being extra tired). I sat through an extremely sad assembly about Safe and Sober Prom (I hope that they got the message across!) Third block my cal teacher let me go down to my dads room to work on my board (I had nothing on my board!). I worked straight through lunch and all of the class, so when the bell rang I knew I needed a break (and I didn't want to miss my favorite class.) As I was putting my board away in my dad's office, I collapsed. I am not sure if it was low blood sugar, lack of sleep, or stress, but what ever it was it caused me to black out and fall on a tool box. After waiting around/regaining my strength I went to my class, wrote some, and visited with my teacher Mrs. Fraser, who wrote the nicest letter of recommendation for me!
When school let out the pressure was on. I worked in my dads room till 5:13 running back in forth between computer, printer, paper cutter, and my board. I made a quick run to Walmart to get some letter cut outs to use for my title. Then I was on my way. I found out how hard it was to change into a skirt in the car, before rushing to Hammon's Hall being blown away as my tri-fold acted as a parachute catching the wind. I made it there around 5:45 and put the title on my board only to learn that I still had 45 minutes before the judging was to begin.



This is how my board turned out. Not the most eye catching, but not too shabby.



I was so glad to have friends there to talk to and to walk around with for the 45 minutes. We walked by most of the projects and joked around (which happens when you get a bunch of sleep deprived girls together.)


(This picture was funnier last night!)

I guess the whole thing turned out OK. I answered all of the questions, got signatures (I have no idea what that means), and was asked to present it again at the end of the month. AND I got a pink sticker, or a pink stinker as I called it, which told me I was a winner! I am not sure what I won, but I was told I could have won more then one thing, which would be pretty fun! I will find out tomorrow, but for now I am going to read a book and take a nap!

2 comments:

  1. Karee, I am proud of you. You have a great drive to get things done and make sure you do a great job. You didn't wear your new shirt(blouse)? Hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You collapsed that day??? I guess we didn't get around to talking about that... I'm proud of you for your stinker!

    ReplyDelete