Monday, June 21, 2010

Where did I go?


I haven't blogged in about two weeks, but don't worry that HUGE spider (The picture does not do it justice but it really was huge!) did not eat me it just scared me out of my tent. Well that and a few wasps. I ended up in a tent that had become home to a family of mice over the winter. They were not too happy about some campers trying to take over and well lets just say we didn't sleep too well. I am not sure which is worse spiders or mice I just know that I could go without either! I could also go without chiggers which seemed to get everyone this year including me. They didn't bug me much during the day, but at night they really itched. Just another thing to keep me awake I guess. But as a whole I really enjoyed camping. I always had something to do or someone to help. I was able to grow closer and learn more about some amazing people. And also gained some good life experiences.

The week after I got back from camp I started something new... a full time job at a daycare/preschool called The Goddard School. At first I was unsure about it and wondering if I could stand to be there 40 hours a week, (long hours really wore me out.) but now it has become a routine and I am really liking the opportunity to work closely with so many kids.



With all the work I have been doing I haven't had much time to relax and hang out with friends like I used to. But Wednesday night I was able to go to my first Springfield Cardinals baseball game, well a game where they actually play. (My real first was rained out.)



I had a fun adventure with my friend Courtney as we cheered on the Cards and #7 from the other team. I was lucky enough to have found someone who knew quite a bit about baseball because I had a lot of questions throughout the whole game. Because I know nothing about baseball, we are a soccer family.

2 comments:

  1. Well, duh. I just wrote you an email asking what you've been up to then I saw this. So you don't have to retype all your happenings! You are working a lot! I'm glad you like it. Hope to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's that shirt Courtney is wearing?!?!? Glad I didn't see a picture of that spider while I was at camp :)... good luck with your new job... sounds like a great opportunity to earn some school money!

    ReplyDelete