Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Art of Rollerblading


I believe rollerblading
is one of those things,
like many others, that
can be an easy or it
can be a hard thing
to learn. For me blading
has come quite naturally,
which is quite a rarity
in the world of
skaters so don't get
your hopes up.
For those of you beginners,
I say just try it out.


Yes there will be falls
and yes there will be
some pain, but the wind
rushing by your face
and the wheels spinning
beneath your feet
as you speed down a
hill makes it all
worth it! So to you
beginners, let me
give some helpful
tips that will make
learning to Rollerblade
a little easier.
Firstly, before you even begin,
make sure the blades that you will be using are your size
and do not pinch your feet in any way. I would suggest pink
Barbie Rollerblades. They are adjustable and provide top comfort.

The next thing
is in the planning
of your route.
If there are going
to be hills invite
only people that are
bigger and stronger
than you. They will
be very helpful
on the uphill struggle,
trust me!




When blading, remember
it's not like walking,
its like sliding across
the kitchen floor
wearing socks. The
direction your feet
are pointed is where
you are going to go,
so keep you feet straight.
Try to stay near the
grass,it will provide
a safe, well a soft,
landing in case of
crashing.



I wish you the best of
luck with your
rollerblading adventure.
Remember what I
have told you and
maybe someday you
will be good
enough to keep up with me.

1 comment:

  1. Karee, I remember you at the stage of Klarie. Yes, you too had your share of spills. I personally think it was the Barbie skates. They don't seem to let you skate very smoothly. You probably don't remember the spills so much because of all the gear you wore to protect you from falling. Klarie is having a great time learning though, just like you did. You have helped the girls become more interested in skating again. You are creating some good memories with them. I love your writings. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete