Monday, May 31, 2010

Mom for the weekend

I used to pretend that I was a mom when I was little with dolls. This weekend I played mom, but with real kids. The dolls were so much easier! I babysat four kids and my brother for three days (including nights). I was not near home, actually I was in Illinois, so I couldn't run home and get things or ask my mom to come and help. You know how two year olds ask questions like no other, yeah that is how I felt, asking question after question. Most of them went unanswered or were just silly questions.
I thought that I would share... so here they are, the questions of a weekend mom:

Why do I eat more when I drive?
Is my car supposed to be making that noise?
Was that a police man?
How much above the speed limit can I go without getting pulled over? What about a ticket?
Why do kids get up before the sun on the weekend?
Where am I supposed to go?
Am I lost?
What is that truck doing?
Where is the sunscreen?
Why do kids come near me to jump into the pool?
What does aloe gel do for sunburns?
What time do I have to start making dinner in order to have it done by 5:30?
Should I cover the casserole with tin foil to cook it?
How much are these kids going to eat?
How am I supposed to sleep when I am all sunburned?
Why doesn’t the underside of my forearm get sunburned?
When do you normally go to bed?
How long have you been playing video games?
Did I make enough pizza? Am I going to get some?
What's that smell?
Does your mom let you?
What is in the cat's mouth?
Where are the band-aids?
What day is it?
What does a wart look like? Or is this a bee sting?
Do I turn here? (asked quite a few times on the way home)
Why are there adult boutique stores on the side of the highway?
Why are highways so hilly?

1 comment:

  1. These are great experiences for you, Karee. Luckily, when you do get married and have kids, you usually get them one at a time and that helps. You learn how to take care of one before you have to worry about two. Now that I say that, you'll probably be blessed with twins or triplets your first time. I always wanted twins. Even as a parent, you still ask yourself silly questions.

    ReplyDelete