Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Integrity


I have been working on making a little book (folder) of stories that tell of times that people I know showed integrity. I loved hearing or reading each story told by various family members and friends. I learned quite a bit about each individual and have a higher level of respect for each. To some integrity can be as small as not drinking a soda that they didn't pay for while for others it can be never telling a lie.
I have realized that the hardest part of integrity (at least for me)is not choosing to have integrity, it is following through with the choice when you know that there are others who are not and they seem to have an advantage. For example people cheating on a test. For me cheating is never an option, but it is so hard to take a test knowing that my grade might be affected by someone who cheated. Although sometimes I feel like I can never do as good as the people that cheat, but I know that later down the road of life when it really matters, I will be able to pass the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment