Saturday, May 8, 2010

PROM NIGHT

Last Saturday I had made up my mind that I was not going to be attending my senior prom. But that soon changed when my friend Justin, a junior at my school, asked me to go. After I said yes I realized that I had less than a week to find a dress, shoes, set up a hair appointment, and get him a boutonniere. And then he told me that he needed to know what color my dress was going to be before Wednesday when he was going to be picking up his tux. Oh boy! I ended up deciding on the dress that I had worn to my church prom because the selection at the stores was not so great. And everything turned out alright!

Pinning on a boutonniere is one tricky task! Dangerous too!

He had the easier job.


We both decided we should wear Converse shoes.

Here is the whole crew.


We took a bus! I think we were the only ones that did, but it was a blast.

We had dinner at Harunos Japanese Sushi bar and grill. It took a long time for the food to get to us so there was a lot of goofing around as you can tell.

I don't think I have ever learned how to use chop sticks so this meal was a bit of a challenge for me. And when I finally got a slice of chicken with them I had to get a picture. Luckily the picture was taken quickly because it dropped out of my grasp before making it to my mouth. I also tried a California roll thinking it was crab, inside only to discover I had eaten Salmon eggs (not falling for that again!).

Excited for prom, we are almost there!

I didn't get very many pictures at prom, which makes me sad, but I did get one with my twin! Sarah and I were born on the same day three hours apart.

Prom was not really what I was expecting as far as the dancing goes. But the decorations were so nice! (I wish I could have gotten a picture) It was fun to get all dressed up and see everyone in formals. Over all I had a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun memory for you, Karee. You looked so beautiful. I am still not sure about the converse tennis shoes, but at least they matched your dress and he had matching ones also. I bet the dance was an interesting experience as you have never been to a school dance, by choice. You truly are a princess! I love you!

    ReplyDelete