Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Last Stretch

I couldn't have asked for a better last week of high school (aside from wanting it to last longer!). It has been such a nice "do everything one last time" type of week. Yesterday I went on my last field trip to an outcrop with my Earth Science class. We rode a yellow school bus (my last time in a Twinkie) to some place outside of Camdinton to look at rocks and then went to Haha Tonka for lunch. It was fun to spend some time with friends outside of the classroom setting and to listen to stories from my teacher (I love stories).


The whole crew.


(Mr. Snyder) I am going to miss that guy, even with all the teasing!

Another last was giving blood, which, to me, is part of high school. today was my last time donating in the Kickapoo gym and thankfully I didn't pass out like I have in the past. I got two t-shirts (one for donating blood the other for project grad.) which I will be adding to my huge stash of school shirts. (In high school if you join anything or go to things, you get t-shirts and I will miss that!)

Tomorrow is the memories assembly and the last day for seniors (I am going to be coming back Friday to take two finals and say some last good byes).

I cannot believe how fast this year has flown or my whole high school career for that matter. I wish I could go back... all the way back to when I was a freshman so that I could change a few things. Like slowing down and enjoying the time that I had in high school. I wish I would have branched out and made more friends instead of waiting for others to come to me. I wish that I would have thought more about the classes that I took and prepared for my future better. I wish I spent less time in my room and more time out with friends. I wish I went to more sports events and showed my school spirit. I wish I would have been thankful for the protection that high school provided me rather then find ways to get out class. I guess there are a few more things that I would like to change than I thought. Hopefully, five months from now I won't care about all of these little things. But for right now I can't help but think about the could have and should have dones.

I guess what I am trying to say is I am not ready. I am not ready for tomorrow's memories assembly (I have a feeling I am going to be crying all day.) I am not ready for finals on Friday. I am not ready for Tuesday when I graduate. I am not ready to leave the people who I have grown up with or the people who have taught me. I am especially not ready to leave those of whom I have become friends with and those who have become role models to me.
The hardest part about leaving is saying good bye.
And I am not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment