Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Crumble bar

I have been pretty swamped with mid-terms lately so my blogging has stopped. I don't like it! So I have decided that if I cannot think of something to blog about I will blog about some new recipe or food that I made. Not quite as exciting as a fancy date, but it's something. (oh and I haven't really been on a date.)



Pumpkin Crumble Bars

Crust:
yellow cake mix-less 1 cup for topping
1 egg
1 stick of butter, melted

Filling:
1 can pumpkin pie filling
3 eggs
½ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1½ tsp. cinnamon

Topping:
3 T butter
1 cup cake mix
½ cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Blend crust ingredients and pat onto bottom of greased 9x13 pan. Beat filling ingredients and pour over crust. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over filling. Bake 50-55 minutes.

I was asked to make a treat for a church activity tonight. I more than happy to make a treat, but sadly I have a class at the time of the activity so I will not be able to try it. (I did ask if my friend could save me a piece, but I am not sure if she will be able to.) I found this recipe online on tastebook.com. So that means that I have never tried it out so you will have to tell me what you think. I actually made it on a cookie sheet rather than a 9 X 13 pan. It seemed a little gooey in the middle when I left, but I think that as it settles it should harden a little. Or maybe it is supposed to be gooey.

2 comments:

  1. PS I had a few people tell me that everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. So it is worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna try this...i love anything pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete