Monday, October 4, 2010

Famous People

This weekend I had the chance to meet a few celebrities. Such as, Stephanie Nielson, Jericho Road a church group, and Alex Boye.



I got to go see Stephanie Nielson live!! It was so worth standing in line for two hours to get a good seat. I was third in line and got a second row seat near the middle. She started crying before she even started because so many people had come. (there were more than 2,000 women and girls; many of which were standing or sitting on the floor because there were only 1,700 chairs set out.) She had not expected the turn out to be so big. She told her story of her plane wreck. She cried as she remembered the painful experiences and how hard it was during the recovery process. Then she went on to talk about how it was hard for her to feel beautiful. How her sisters took care of her children. She talked about how she had never felt so close to her Heavenly Father. She counted her blessings such as having 10 fingers and 10 toes. She had her green eyes that she treasured so much. She had her life, husband, and children. Her blessings overpowered her hardships. She suggested letting the love within us navigate us. She said that it is your spirit that makes you beautiful. "If you are struggling with feeling beautiful, ask the Lord." Was her advise as she found it really helps to rely on God through prayer. I learned so much listening to her. We were told that the recording is going to be on the internet soon so that will be nice for those who didn't get to attend. She also posted some pictures from the event on her blog, nieniedialogues.blogspot.com. See if you can find me :)



I didn't get a picture with Stephanie because she needed to get home to her children, but I did get a picture with her two daughters. It was so funny how I just so happened to see them walking by with their grandma. I think they were a little weirded out by me asking to take a picture with them, but I couldn't help asking.



I was also lucky enough to get a ticket to go up to Salt Lake City for General Conference. It was such a good learning experience. I just love to go and feel the Spirit that is there. The talks were amazing. And even though I was watching it on the big screen, it was still really cool to actually be there for the first time.



After the second session on Saturday, we saw Jericho Road singing on a corner in front of Deseret Book. Chelsea and I gladly sat in the front row and cheered and sang along to their songs like we were their biggest fans.



After Jericho Road preformed, Alex Boye, another excellent singer preformed. He was so animated and talented.





PS if my hair looks shorter to you, thats because it is. Kamber cut off 5 or 6 inches.

1 comment:

  1. sorry i keep commenting :) so anyways, what a fun weekend! go you!! and also...jealous :)

    ReplyDelete