Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mail Time!!!

I love getting mail! Especially now because it is my connection to home. Emails, phone calls, and to some extent social networking websites are nice ways to keep in touch, but real mail is physical evidence that I am still loved. It is so nice to walk to the mailbox and actually have something inside. It's even better when it comes the day after a rough "homesick spell" (which typically happen every weekend). Like these lovely letters and pictures that Klarie sent me.






It is so sad thinking that she and all my other siblings are growing up without me.
I couldn't help but respond with:


I also received a typewriter style letter from my brother Colten. He is so kind and considerate to ask questions about how school is going for me and if I had "made a boyfriend yet". I could not help tearing up, especially when I read, "I miss you very much!I hope you don't get homesick. I already miss your dinner arguments at the table. JK. But I do miss you... PS Miss you a bunch"

2 comments:

  1. so sweet...reminds me of the letters i used to get from my siblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karee, Dad told Klarie that the whole world could see her art work on your blog. She said, "I know". I need to work on this part of supporting you. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete