Saturday, February 5, 2011

Missing Mommy



I feel as the distance between my mom and I has grown, we have grown closer together. I call her almost everyday. Most of the time, we just casually talk as I walk home or as she is making dinner. Sometimes I have to call her to get recipes because she is a really good cook. Other times I call her to vent when things aren't quite going my way. But really it is having there to talk to that makes the biggest difference. I am not sure she knows how much I enjoy our, sometimes short, phone conversations. And I think that I may take them for granted sometimes, but on days like today when I call her four or five times and every time I hang up knowing that I have the best mom in the world. And I would be lucky if I could be half the woman, wife, and mother that she is.

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean...I don't talk with my mom every single day, but when I do I get that same sense of comfort. I can always call her up to ask how to make something or just to chat about the day. Or tell her about something cute/funny/frustrating/sweet that Macauley has done...I'm sure your mother cherishes any time she can grab a few minutes of talking with you, too--especially with you so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW Karee! I couldn't agree more. I talk to her all the time too. Love youuuuuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karee, I don't know what to say other than I feel honored that you would say such kind things. You always wonder if you did a good enough job and if you made any difference. Thanks for making my day. I needed that extra boost. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete