Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gabbi Gator

Meet Gabbie the Gator, my new co-worker. I have worked for BYU landscaping for a week and a day and already this Gator and I have a history. We have developed a love-hate relationship.



It goes a little like this: Gabbi is kind enough to let other workers, such as myself, ride speedily along within the stadium and the practice fields. Sometimes she likes to buck her passengers around, especially the person sitting in the back on her flatbed. To me she likes to bounce me back and forth and bruise my back. One day she ran over my foot and I got right back at her by running her side into a gate...later that day she proved that she had the upper hand by "running out of battery" as I was spreading seed. But we made up with some quality driving time making me feel quite confident in my newly developed ability to drive stick.

So far work is going great. I am finally as tan as I should have been on the second day of summer! Just in time for the winter to set in right? Ok, I still have about a month before the first snow. And hopefully, because I have to shovel snow, it won't be a very cold and snowy fall. As for now, I have the simple duties of: pulling weeds, sweeping under the cement around the stadium field, spreading seeds, patching up torn up grass on the practice fields, spreading sand on uneven parts of the field, and my personal favorite... stomping on all the stadium seats to scare away bees so that I could spray them. Overall a very exciting job.

No comments:

Post a Comment