Friday, September 9, 2011

Morning Ramblings



Is it normal for food to be the first thing on my mind when I wake up? I always hear how guys love food, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." So why do I, a girl, think about food so much?

Breakfast. First and most important meal of the day, so choose wisely! Growing up I would have my option mostly made for me. Sometimes it was hot cereal (oatmeal, Malt O'Meal, cracked wheat etc.), or cold cereal (non-sugary only. Cheerios, Rice Chex, Bran Flakes, Rice Krispies, and occasionally Honey Bunches of Oats). Some days my mom would make pancakes or waffles served with warm syrup. She might make eggs, cooked to each of her seven children and husband's desires. I liked it when she made egg burritos. There is something about tortillas that I just love. And then there were the "I am too late for anything days" in which case we would grab a bagel and go. These days were not my favorite because bagels never seem to satisfy my morning hungers.

I guess it's a good thing to have so many options, I mean it is the most important meal, right? But even for an avid "Breakfast Lover" I find the options to be a little overwhelming at times. Have you seen how many different kinds of cold cereal there is to choose from now? And most of them are just sugar and not very filling. I like to stick to the basic oatmeal on weekdays. A friend showed me how to make it in a cup so that I can take my breakfast with me in the morning and eat on my way to school. It's a great way to start the morning because it keeps me satisfied til lunch. I can add as much or as little sugar as I want. It's perfect! Just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment