Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Awwww...

I have been busy with work lately and haven't done anything fun exciting, or worth blogging thus explaining why I have seemed to have disappeared from the blogging world. Don't worry I am still here.

Today at work I read a book about Brazil and learned a lot of cool things. I think I enjoyed the pictures of this foreign place more than the facts that I read. The pictures offered white sand beaches with beautiful water. The Amazon looked a little intimidating, but the people looked kind and welcoming. I was pretty much sold on the idea of vacationing there when I saw a picture of a black-headed Sagui Dwarf monkey and instantly fell in love.

(Yeah, isn't it just adorable?)
If I hadn't of been at work I would have started looking at plane tickets right then so that I could go to Brazil personally and find one to keep in my pocket. This little monkey is part of the Pygmy Maroset family (I am not sure if I am referencing that right, but it is related to them.)



Think about how long it would take the monkey to get through a banana!



I really want one now! These little monkeys only get to about 13 inches TOTAL length, so their torsos are about 4 inches. I have always wanted a pet monkey, but these kinds are so cute and cuddly (not the ones that you see flinging their poo around). I am thinking one of these monkeys would be so fun to have. I would put a little diaper on it and carry it everywhere! I am going to look and see where I can get one!

10 comments:

  1. A.Dor.A.Ble!!! You have to get one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can u buy one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure. Online or in Brazil, but I am not sure how to go about buying one either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you guys know that monkeys are not meant to be pets or entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^^ i hope YOU know you are overly pretentious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no, I would agree, you're too naive. The person above you, is right. They arent meant to be pets unless you have the training or knowledge and environment to care for them.

      Delete
  6. I have heard that these little guys are very dependent on their owner. Be prepared to bring them everywhere, and do so with all attention on them. Usually people rent these little guys because they are sometimes too much to handle. I advise anyone who is getting one of these little ones to be prepared for the hard work to keep them happy and healthy. It is almost like having a new born child. But if you are willing and able, go for it!
    P.S.
    I apologize to add this, but it is illegal in many states in the US to own one of these, just like any other exotic animal, due to the carelessness of owners over time who, when their "pet" grew too large or became too difficult to are for, decided to release them into the wild. When this happened, they destroyed many species in their natural habitats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have personally seen one of these take down a jumbo jet...

      Delete
  7. It is illegal to sell/buy those here in Brazil. All above said is right, except, of course, the fact that you're being arrogant and the comment above mine is 100% correct, these creatures demmand a great amount of care and attention. Besides, tehy might drive you crazy, because they can be rebels and make a mess out of your place. There are many of these where I live, living free and if a neighbor decides to feed them, they buy a nightmare. If, by chance, one day you forget to feed them at the time they need, they invade the kitchen and open cabinets, drawers. A mess. A baby monkey like these fell of a tree and my friend tried to put him back, but then his family was already gone and sher adopted him. Adorable, but a baby forever! And they can be jealous. Oh, I know so many stories, the wise thing to do is to let them live their wild lives in peace and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to leave them in the wild.and not take them any where

    ReplyDelete