Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Don't play with your food!

I think that everyone has been told at one point in their life not to play with their food. But what your parents didn't tell you is that some people make a bunch of money by sculpting their food into art.


This person took a long watermelon and carved it into a donkey.


The Japanese like to make cute little animals out of rice and then put them into soups.


Starchy Pete here was probably made to show people which foods are starchy. It probably had a lecture to go along with it explaining how and when to eat starchy foods.

There is even a company that will cater office luncheons or parties. They mostly make their decorations out of fresh fruit, which if you ask me, is just as tasty, but also healthy. (http://www.ediblearrangements.com/)

I have made a few sculptures out of my food throughout the years. Not quite as elaborate as the professionals that get payed, but still kinda cool.



These two sculptures are more like towers, that I made out of the Valentines candy that my teacher gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment