Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Rocken Adventure

Today was one of those Saturdays where there was not much to do. I asked my three younger sisters if they wanted to go rock hunting with me at a near by stream. They thought that it was a good idea and finished cleaning their room in record time. Then we bundled up.



We wore our rubber boots so we could walk in the water to get rocks without getting our feet wet.

After a while, we found that Klarie, my youngest sister had a hole in her boot. Water had gotten in through the hole and she would not stop complaining about how cold her feet were. We found a big rock to sit on and took off her boots. Come to find out her right sock was completely soaked through.



I took off my socks and slipped them one to her feet. Then we put some plastic, from a snack that we had brought, around the sock to protect it from getting wet again. We fastened the plastic to her sock (well my sock) with a band aid that Katelyn, another sister, had brought. It looked kinda funny, but warmed her feet and kept them dry, so she was happy.




There were a few times that the water was too deep for my youngest sisters to cross so I would carry them across. One time I tried to help Kelcey jump across a deep part. That plan was not thought out very well because she ended up splashing icy cold water on everyone and she got soaked.



Aside from getting cold and wet, I guess the adventure was a success for my sisters because each came home with at least fifteen rocks each. As for me, I was just glad to be home. Home where it is dry, warm, and I have socks again.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Karee! I love that you've added pictures and that you seem to be getting into the habit of posting about life as you know it regularly. You are such a giving and nurturing sister. I'm up late working on stuff for the online class I'm teaching, hoping for a snow day tomorrow so I can get my house and laundry and life organized for the week after being gone to KC this weekend. But I don't know that the snow will come through for us. Stay warm and I'll see you when I see you!

    ReplyDelete