Wednesday, February 17, 2010

There's a snake in my boot!



So I am not much of a cowgirl, but last night I dressed up as one for a church activity. I put on my dad's snake skinned boots, my brother's belt (I don't like belts so I don't have any), braided my hair, and topped it of with some drawn on freckles. I could not find a single cowboy hat so I guess I wasn't totally a cowgirl, but I sure felt like one wearing boots and braids.



Don't worry I was not the only one dressed up. Mostly all of the other girls dressed up. They all looked very cute as cowgirls.







The theme for the activity (which involved a cute little skit) focused on eight values. Faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrety, and virtue. Eight girls breifly exlained the meaning behind each value with a little rhyme. Then one last speaker tied all eight values together and gave ways that we could apply them to our lives. I thought that it was not only a fun activity, but it was also very insightful.

1 comment:

  1. Well aren't you cute? I had fun talking to you today about our brushes with the law. :) I always have fun talking to you and think the world of you. I also started reading a good book tonight that I will pass on to you when I finish. Coincidentally, it's about frontier women...kind of goes with your cowgirl theme here. Have a good weekend! I'm going antiquing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete