Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Not a fan of change

Yesterday, I found out that I was accepted into BYU-Idaho. This is not my first choice and I am still waiting to hear back from another school, however, I was nice to know that I had a place to go next year. But then it hit me, COLLEGE!! Am I even ready for that yet? I almost started to cry. Idaho is so SO FAR AWAY from home!

A lot of my friends say that they cannot wait to go to college, they are ready to get away and start a new life. But not me! I am not looking forward to the day when I have to pack up all my belongings and drive across the country. Yeah there won't be anyone telling me what I can and cannot be doing. But that means that that person won't be there to make me dinner, tuck me in at night, or take care of me when I am feeling sick. How will I ever survive?

The idea that things are about to chance so dramatically and never go back to normal REALLY freaks me out! I am sure I will make new friends and that I will find ways to enjoy my new life. As for right now, thinking about the future makes me really appreciate the present.

2 comments:

  1. Karee, you are creating memories with your sisters that neither you nor them will forget. You also saved me. I was very worried about that grant and you just offered to take the girls. Thank you. I love your blogs. It lets me see a bit of you that you don't like to share sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the sweet note you wrote me, Karee. I really appreciate the kindness you've always shown me, and shown everyone else for that matter. The thought of moving away from your family is a scary one, and a sad one, but you've got places to go in life and I know your family wants you to advantage of all the living you can do. You don't love Kamber any less now that she's far away do you? The same will go for you. I can't wait to see what other options pan out for you.

    ReplyDelete