Monday, February 15, 2010

Why do cemeteries have fences?

Cause people are dying to get in.



Saturday night found myself driving around in a cemetery with 40 minutes to kill. I wanted to make sure that I gave my self enough time to get to a babysitting job so I left early. But I must have given myself too much time.
Driving around in a cemetery is not something I do on a regular basis. Actually I don't think that I have ever done it. But there was not really anywhere else near by that I could go. It was kinda cool driving around looking at the different tombstones, with my doors locked of course. I found myself calculating how long people had lived, how long they had been married or how long they lived after their spouse died.



I thought that this one was cool. This person was born exactly 120 years before me!



I saw this gravestone and it made me so sad. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it would be to have to bury your own baby. I know a couple of people who have lost babies and I could see that it was so hard on them. But it also is so sad because those babies didn't get the opportunity to live like I have.

I did get kinda creeped out thinking that I was the only one living in the whole area. And then I started to hear some strange noises that I knew were leaves underneath my car, but sometimes my imagination can run wild. I am happy to say that I made it out of there alive. No zombies got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment