Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Too good to be healthy

I tried out a new cookie recipe a little while ago. Sorry there is no picture they were just that good!

Apple Sauce Oatmeal Cookies

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together: 1/4c. butter, 1 c. brown sugar, 1/2c. sugar 3/4c. applesauce, 1 egg, and 1 t. vanilla.
Sift together and add: 1 c. four, 1t. salt, 1/2 t. baking soda.
Stir in: 3c. rolled oats
Add if desired: Rains, dried cranberries, walnuts, pecans, coconut, or chocolate chips (this is what I added and they were great!)
Bake cookies for about 12 mins.
They are so easy to make, delicious and believe it or not (mostly) healthy!
I personally think that they tasted better frozen (I am not sure why, but they just did) but give them a try. They will be gone before you know it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! We will have to try them. This won't help since I am trying not to have so many sweets though.

    ReplyDelete