Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fire trucks, TV Stars, and Little Sailors



Every morning, well almost every morning, my day begins at 5:00 am(on the days that I don't wake up at five it is more like 5:30). To many this is unusual, but to my friends and I it is just part of the day because at 6:00am we go to a early morning Bible study. However, when I pulled into the parking lot this morning there was something wrong. There was a Fire chief's cruiser parked in the spot that I normally park in. We found out that the alarm had been triggered some how and that Bible study had been canceled. I didn't want to go back home, knowing that I would not want to leave again so I asked if anyone was up for breakfast. The boys wanted to get some McDonald's, but when it was my turn to order I realized that nothing sounded good. I took the other girl, Amanda, to Panera. While standing in line, I pointed out two men a head of us in line. I first recognized the first man's sweater and then his brown TOMS shoes. And when I looked at the other man's hair I knew where I had seen them, on the TV at Mcdonald's. Amanda and I could not believe that we were seeing these two people in person. They were not famous super stars, but they had been on TV just minutes before. We thought about stopping to take a picture with them for fun, but decided that it would be too childish. When we had our breakfast we met back up with the boys at Krispy Kreme.

We may have looked pretty tired, but after having a warm freshly baked, smoothly glazed doughnut, I sure did not feel it, and we sure didn't act like it was too early. The four boys surprisingly lost interest in the doughnuts after a few minutes and started posing for pictures. They were so fascinated the hats that the Krispy Kreme workers had creatively decorated with as each table had an arrangement of hats. I am not sure that the hats are supposed to, but I noticed that they made the boys look like cute little sailors.

After being so stressed last night, it was fun to kick back and have a little fun, even if it was early!

1 comment:

  1. That was a much needed fun time you needed. You do look a bit tired, but it is for a good reason. Keep on smiling!

    ReplyDelete