Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And so it begins



Here is Megan's first day picture, she had to leave earlier than all of the rest of us.



Those of us who had classes at 9 all caught the bus together at 8:10. I made sure to get the "First day of school at the bus stop for the first time" picture. A few people laughed, but I was so happy. As you can tell it was windy, but you cannot tell that it was COLD! None of us were expecting temperatures to be in the 50s and it was too late to go back when we got there.



We had a lot of fun goofing off during dinner. Let me just say that it is so hard to catch all of us on camera with the cups around our mouths. Because if one person made a sound or started to crack up all of us would and then we would drop our cups and miss the picture. But it was very entertaining and fun!





Oh yeah, This is Brooke, my other roommate. She is going to be majoring in Chemical Engineering so she has to have these awesome "Chem goggles that leave rims around your eyes".



FHE (Family Home evening) is a on every Monday nights for those of you that don't know, and is usually a time when families get together for a lesson, activity, and treats. Now that we are all way from home we have a new family. My roommates and I are in FHE group 13 and have some fun guys in our group. For this FHE the whole ward (90 something of us from our apartment complex who will be attending church at the same time) got together for got to know you games, fun little competitions, and... yep! Treats. For this particular game each of us from our FHE groups paired up and had to successfully carry a paper plate together across the small area. The trick was that we had to use the body part that was written on the plate to carry it. Chelsea and Mich got the easy one, elbow.



Megan and Rob had to carry their plate between their heads.



Here is Brooke and her partner Jon. They had to carry the plate between their knees.



My partner Kevin, from Canada, and I had to carry the plate between our backs. Right before it was time for us to go he announced that he was going to carry me on his back. And he did! as I was kicking my feet trying to run by. I was literally "kicking and screaming" like in that soccer movie.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! You look like you are having SOOOOoooo much fun! I knew you would find great friends and have a fantastic time... mainly because I knew you would make the best of everything and truly find it to be fun! These are such good days... enjoy the journey! Hope you had a great first day of school! --Ipo

    ReplyDelete