Sunday, August 15, 2010

For REAL



My sister Kamber is so amazing! She knew that yesterday would be a hard day for me because my family was leaving to go back home and I wasn't going with them. So she planned an activity to destract me and save me many tears. She planned a blind double date for me and we went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game. A first for me!



I learned a lot from this first game. The players always walk out holding some kids hand. There is a group of people that play percussion instruments and dance around the whole game! (you just have to tune it out.) At half time there is a mascot show and BYU always wins! You are supposed to yell "You suck" when the goal keeper of the other team kicks a goal kick. (I don't think I will ever yell that) Some times there are fights on the field! (that was quite exciting) Real gets to use silver soccer balls because they were the champions last year. I need to bring some kind of paper to throw on the field when Real scores or to tear up and throw at the end of a winning game. It was a great first experience, especially since they won the game. It makes me wish I could go out there and play a game myself.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had fun! Trevor told me the silver soccer balls are $200 each at least! Can you believe that!! And you forgot to mention that when you sister knows people you get the hook ups! (free AWESOME seats that brings food out to you the whole game!!) Love ya! Hope night number 2 goes well. Dont be a chicken.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an exciting game. I think I get more out of your blog than when we talk. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. We sure miss you. Glad Kamber had a great plan. We love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like it was a bunch of fun

    ReplyDelete