Friday, August 6, 2010

City Museum/theme park



Last weekend my family and I went up to St. Louis with my church youth group. Halfway through the day we went separate ways. I think the youth group went home while my family and I stayed there and went to a museum. It is called the City Museum, so we thought it would be boring (when I say we I mean the younger kids.. I like looking at history and old stuff.) til we heard there was a SEVEN STORY SLIDE! And boy was this place crazy!





The skate park area was our favorite. We would run up the ramps that were made for skateboarding then slide down. Calvin is on a 10 or 11 foot one(first photo).



Outside there is a whole HUGE playground. I am not sure how high it went but... it was high! I am not sure the pictures do it justice. I just know I was really high and could not stop shaking. But common, how safe can you feel when you are climbing through small tunnel like things made of rebarb. The whole place was made out of recycled things.. even the decorations inside! (pictures further down)



I was surprised by my little sister Klarie, who is only 5, but yet climbed all the way to the top. (That is her finger pointing in the picture.) She went higher than me, proving that she is a monkey.





Everywhere that we went we found little hiding places or secret passage ways. (there were holes in the wall that you could go through and find your way through the maze to a whole new area.







When we went to the cave part.. YEAH A CAVE! we found this sign. TEN STORY SLIDE!!! My knees started to tremble and I was feeling quite sick, but we all made the trek up the ten flights of stairs. Then waited in line so one by one we could all go down. This was so scary!



Looking down I couldn't even see the ground. This picture was after so it was looking up... I don't think you can see the top.







Pretty amazing if you ask me! There was a whole tree house thing on the first floor! We ended up playing a game of tag and got pretty bruised up from all the running, crawling, and skooting around. (5 on one knee, 4 on the other for me)





Amazing decorations SO MUCH FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment