Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ele-fun

We made it to Salt Lake City, Utah in record time, 20 hours! We ended up leaving around 11 Saturday night and he drove straight through the night and through Sunday as well. He was trying to make it to a Brown family get together and he did it. Right as we got to my great aunt Katherine's house my grandma Brown swept me away to introduce me to second cousins that around my age and might become some friends while I am here. I was surprised by how many great aunts and uncles that I have never seen, some of whom seemed to know me.

We spent the night at my the grandma and grandpa Brown's little town house. They have recently been to India on a church mission trip and have brought a few things back home with them. Elephants! Handcrafted elephants!







It was nice to stay with them for the night, kind of like old times when they lived in Tulsa Oklahoma where we could visit every other weekend. I miss those days of sleeping in the huge bed that used to be my aunt Viv's, stuffing into the hammock in the backyard like peas in a pod, taking bathes in the pink jet tub, and going exploring in the forest behind their backyard. I loved that big house that was like a second home to me. I will never forget the day that we buried Kennel their golden retriever or the day that we drove away for the last time. It's hard to move on, I learned it then, but it is a way of life and the best is yet to come!

1 comment:

  1. So you're there! Hope all is going well so far. I'm so glad you came by to bid us farewell, and I'm so glad you didn't take a picture of me! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete