Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pink and Brown/My new room



Two of my roommates, Megan and Chelsea, Brooke was out at the time of our first picture. (Don't worry more about them will come, we are going to write letters to each other about ourselves then share them over dinner on Sunday.) It has been so interesting and nice how well we have all got along. We all agree it feels like we have known each other for a long time, when really we only met today. We have had so many adventures and laughs already. For example, today after the BBQ, I tried to take them on a shortcut that I had found a few days ago. We found out, however, that there was not a crosswalk until way further up the road. We had been told earlier that J-walking is not acceptable so we all decided that walking up to the light would be the better decision. Lets just say that it was a lot further than we thought... and when we found that we were going to have to back-track to the entrance of the apartment I suggested jumping the four foot something fence that surrounds the complex. Not remembering the poster I put in my mouth to free my hands just seconds before I jumped at the brick wall and hit the paper on the top and cut the sides of my mouth. All I could do was laugh. I am such blonde.



My dresser complete with a picture of my mom (you cannot see her totally awesome bottle cap glasses.) and I when I was a baby.



My desk which took me a long time to motivate myself to organize. It looks pretty nice now, but throughout the semester I am sure it will get quite cluttered, so remember what it did look like.



This comforter was hand stitched by my grandma Brown, yesterday! We have been searching and searching for a duvet cover that was brown and pink. Finally I found some material that I couldn't pass up and she helped me put one together within a few hours.



Really she did it all I just sowed on three buttons.

1 comment:

  1. Cute, Karee! I'm so glad you and the girls are feeling connected and at home so quickly. I've almost survived the first week of school and I told Ryan tonight that it's really pretty good. Don't know why I had so much anxiety about it last week...guess that's the way it goes when you start something even remotely new. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete